Thursday, July 9, 2009

Belonging in College

College is a huge step for everyone. Going to college makes you better at something and helps you get closer to your dream job, whatever it might be. I believe that to belong in college you must have certain traits, all ones that are the basics needed for common success. You need to be a hard worker, be honest, resourceful. Those are only three traits of so many that are needed when attending college.
I think that I have many of the traits needed to be in college, including the ones that I listed. I belong in college because I need it in order to be successful in a career. I am a thinker and a writer. I come from an ethnic group where very few of us go to college (but what else is new, right?). For anyone from any non-white background to get into college and succeed is great. Looking around at the other native-americans in my community, you see a lot of people who are poor, have no ambitions, are drunk, or possibly a combination of all three.

1 comment:

  1. i think you have a very strong and relatable essay that touches and includes myself.This is true and interesting but i want to know more about how its going to benefit you more,but over all its a great piece and i like most of the examples. I hope personally that you get to college and make a huge impact and trend on more of your family going to college. Showing them that you can do it and you belong there....GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete